Wednesday 10 April 2013

ISPT - Wembley

When I was a kid, I used to watch England play at Wembley. Like other kids, I dreamt that one day I would play at Wembley - but sadly I was crap at football, and it never happened.  Fortunately though, there is a poker event set to happen, with day two onward taking place on the hallowed turf!!

It's a bit of a weird concept to think of the ghosts of my numerous England heroes, looking down at a bunch of poker degens sat at card tables, playing poker in pursuit of a mere €1,000,000 first prize.

When the ISPT (International Stadiums Poker Tour) was first announced, I scoffed at the concept. The whole ISPT train then seemed to be going off the rails, and it looked like it would probably either fail to happen, or go ahead but be a failure of epic proportions.

In recent times, the mighty DuskTillDawn took over the mantle of delivering the concept, and overnight it became an attractive prospect, such is the faith that the poker world has in DTD, Rob Yong, and Simon Trumper.

I have been fortunate to gain a €300 day one seat for my win in the recent APAT WCOAP, and I intend to play that day one at the DTD club.   As the desire to make day two and play at Wembley is growing, I suspect that this won't be my only attempt at a day one - it's likely that I will take multiple punts (if needed) to get myself into what is now looking like being a part of poker history for all the right reasons. 

DTD have made a massive financial commitment to this event, guaranteeing first place prize money at €1m. It's up to us in the local poker community to support DTD in making this a success, whether that be through stumping up buy ins, or simply through spreading the word! 




1,000 International Stadiums Poker Tour Seats Guaranteed

The International Stadiums Poker Tour is your chance to say you played at Wembley. €1 million is guaranteed to the winner. Day ones start live and online from May 11th and day two takes place at the iconic home of English football, Wembley Stadium, between May 31st and June 5th.

You can qualify for free at Dusk Till Dawn Poker, where 1,000 €300 Day One seats will be guaranteed in satellites between May 6th and May 24th.

To win your seat, all you have to do is:

1. Visit the International Stadiums Poker Tour Schedule Page for details on qualifying.

2. Register an account at Dusk Till Dawn Poker, where you will be automatically credited with a €2 satellite token.

3. If you win a €300 day one seat you can use it online or live in one of 10 day ones being held. You can win multiple tickets as this is a re-entry event.

Good luck and see you at Wembley!

211


No comments:

Post a Comment